Do you ever flip back through your old yearbook photos and think “geez, what was I thinking when I wore THAT?!”? Well, that’s kind of how we feel about some of our old showhome decor and designs.
Just as frosted tips, baggy jeans, crop tops and scrunchies are a thing of the past (we hope!) so too are many of the interior design trends you’re about to see.
1) Wooden't you love a kitchen like this? Many trees may have been harmed in the making. We are not oak-kay with this, that's fir sure.
2) Just as you've outgrown your need for big, overdone hair, we've outgrown our need for big, overdone decor. You're welcome.
3) Did you know, feature walls once served the sole purpose of hiding your fat-backed T.V.?! Definitely a square peg in a round hole!
4) This is what would happen if you'd let your Dad go furniture shopping at Cabela's.
5) Sometimes you just got to "know when to fold 'em"...
6) Curtains and wicker and tassels, oh my!
7) The 2000's called. They'd like their sponge paint and plant sconces back.
8) Knock, knock. Who's there? A garage? We don't know.
We hope you enjoyed our little blast from the past, and we hope it wasn't too painful.
On that note, we're pleased to report decor and design have come a long way - and so have we! While we will be returning our old photos to the vault, we invite you to visit any of our totally tubular showhomes in and around Edmonton. We hear they're da bomb!