Father’s Day can be sentimental, and a heartwarming gift is sure to be appreciated. Still, a day dedicated to Dads calls for a little pun fun!
Show him you’re a chip off the ‘ol block and brighten his day with some seriously good bad jokes.
Start Off Slow
To execute the parade of Dad jokes well, you’re going to want to be prepared. Acting and even props can help you deliver jokes authentically – earning equally authentic laughs.
Begin the morning by showing obvious signs of sleepiness. When he asks why you’re so tired, reply “I had a dream about a muffler last night…I woke up exhausted!”
Carry around an old piece of rope, tied in a frayed knot. Instead of answering “no” to any questions he asks you, pull out the rope and say “‘fraid not!”
Tease him with a “half gift” – such as only half of a pie. When questioned, say you felt you deserved 50% off Father’s Day gifts since, without you, he wouldn’t even be a father!
Stock Up on Material
Now, pick your favourites and drop some of these eye-roll-worthy one-liners on him throughout the day (Tip: Give him the rest of the pie first!):
- What do you get if you stand between two llamas? Llamanated.
- Dad, I was thinking of going on an almond-only diet, but is that just nuts?
- Why did the scarecrow win an award? He was outstanding in his field!
- Hey Dad, wanna hear some facts about frogs? They’re quite ribbiting.
- What washes up on tiny beaches? Microwaves.
- Dad, did you hear there was a kidnapping at my school? It’s okay! He woke up.
- Why is the barber always on time? He knows all the shortcuts!
- Dad, what is E.T. short for? (Allow him to answer) Really? I thought it was because he has little legs.
- What’s red and bad for your teeth? A brick.
- Hey dad, two satellites just got married! The wedding was pretty boring, but the reception was fantastic.
- What kind of shoes do ninjas wear? Sneakers.
For a steady stream of material, head over to Nice One Dad where hilarity is just a click away.
Keep The Ball Rolling
Remember that it is still Father’s Day, so you’ll want to do some nice things for him (as you continue to pester). Challenge your dad to a soccer match, but let him know you don’t actually like the sport, rather, you’re just “doing it for kicks!”
Finally, as the day starts to wind down, maybe you’d like to cook dinner for your old man. Consider making spaghetti and when he goes to take a bite say, “Wait! That noodle is fake…” Watch as his puzzled face cracks into a smile when you shout, “it’s an impasta!”
Now that you’ve spent the day giving Dad a taste of his own medicine, wrap it up with a playful reminder that “there’s a big difference between bad jokes and Dad jokes. And that difference is the first letter.”
Happy Father’s Day to all the funny fellas out there!