With so much going on in our “festival city,” we decided to put together a calendar highlighting some of the best events coming up in June! Details follow below.
June 1-2, 2018
- Edmonton Craft Beer Festival: Sample a wide variety of both domestic and international beers while taking in the lively atmosphere and entertainment!
June 2, 2018
- The Bison Festival: Take a trip to Elk Island National Park on this day to enjoy all things bison; learn about Canada’s bison conservation story and see some seriously cool sights.
June 6, 2018
- Haskin Canoe Sunset Tour: Maybe you’ve paddled the North Saskatchewan River before, but this is a unique opportunity to do so under the red and orange glow of the setting sun.
June 7-10, 2018
- Sustainival: If you’re a thrill seeker, carnivals are probably your thing. If you also happen to be into saving the environment, you’re in for a treat! Sustainival is the world’s first “green carnival,” bringing you all the rides you love but powering everything with green energy.
June 9-17, 2018
- Pride Parade: Edmonton’s Pride Festival is a colourful and diverse experience that celebrates LGBTQ culture. The parade itself takes place June 9th, but there will be plenty of other exciting performances and displays happening from then until June 17th.
June 15-16, 2018
- Edmonton Night Market: Love unique, handcrafted products? Indulge in live music, food, and entertainment while you browse the selections from a wide range of vendors. Since it takes place at night, it feels more like a party than anything else!
June 19-July 15, 2018
- Freewill Shakespeare Festival: If you’re a Shakespeare fan, then to thine own self be true…attend one of the many theatrical productions of his classic plays! The festival runs from June 19th to July 15th, 2018, with performances throughout.
June 21-July 3, 2018
- The Works Art & Design Festival: Don’t miss North America’s largest outdoor art and design festival, where the streets are filled with imaginative displays of visual art, music, food, vendors, and performers galore. You really shouldn’t miss it – it’s FREE to attend!
June 22-July 1, 2018
- International Jazz Festival: You get soothing and mellow, upbeat and animated, silky smooth voices – and all that jazz! Your ears will be pleased with the acts at this year’s festival with artists such as Spanish Harlem Orchestra and Laila Biali.
June 23, 2018
- The Soundtrack Music Festival: Let the nostalgia begin! This multi-genre festival is going to be a flashback to the 90’s with artists like TLC, Blind Melon, Eve 6, and the Goo Goo Dolls in the lineup.
June 29-July 8, 2018
- Boardwalk Sand on Whyte: Far from the bucket and shovel sandcastles you made as a kid, the sand carvings of this exhibit are breath-taking works of art. Gaze upon the masterpieces with admission by donation.
There you have it – a whole month filled with fun! Print yourself a copy of our calendar and the words “I’m bored” are certain to stay unheard this June.
Photo credits: swings